MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logging In Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend logs in on my forum and it takes him back to where he was but in the top left hand corner it still says Hello there guest login - register.

This means he cannot post pleas help asap.

Thanks alot

Matt
can you please give me a url to your forum. And can you please do this too.

Go to your Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Change -> General Configuration

Give me the information that you have (or any) on the Cookie Domain and Cookie Path fields please.
www.sgtclan.cjb.net

Cookie Domain:

Cookie Path: /
Try changing your board cookie settings to:

Cookie Domain: .sgtclan.clanservers.com
Cookie Path: /aaforum/Upload/

But also make sure that his browser can accept cookies from your site correctly Smile
AHA! I think I found the problem. Don't give out the url for users to that redirect. The last I heard, having url redirects places your site under frames, which blocks out the use of cookies. If there is an option to temporarily "hide" the true url upon entering, then when they reach your forum, it returns to the true url, enable that. If you keep on doing that, you'll have more troubles.
even if i go to that address it still works for me Confused
So it works either or? Thats good. It was an issue that I dealt with a lot of the past years. Apparently, when we asked them if they were using redirects, most of them said yes.

On a side note, I play AA too Wink