MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use of html tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The only disadvantage to mybb is the use of html, I think. There are loads of tables, but next to that, why don't you just use tags like <q> (quote) (or <cite> ) and <code> instead of <div class="quote/code_body">?
Because it means the person who owns the forum can theme it if they want.
As k said, it brings a level of customizability to the table. You have the power to edit how your quotes and codes. If you notice, quotes and codes don't just look like pieces of text indented, but they have a background, a border, etc. People want that, so thats why it's used.
I'm afraid I don't really get you. You can skin <code> tags in the same way as <div> tags :s
using the <div></div> tags seems to be more of an efficient way of having to display the "Quote" and "Code" boxes on posts, etc. It would be a mess having <code> and <q> html tags running along the forum. And I remember reading an old article about they said DIV's are more table friendly than those old and rather crude html syntax's.
Quote:using the <div></div> tags seems to be more of an efficient way of having to display the "Quote" and "Code" boxes on posts, etc. It would be a mess having <code> and <q> html tags running along the forum. And I remember reading an old article about they said DIV's are more table friendly than those old and rather crude html syntax's.
Old & crude? I think you should ONLY use divs if there are no other tags which will fit better semantically.