MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: community liason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see on some forums there are "community liason" staff. What does it mean and what is the duty of those staff on forums? How about "core liason"?
I think it's just another name for a moderator. Big Grin
really? Com. liason is the same as moderator?
Not sure 100% as it depends on the board.
Where is this? Are you talking about the mentors?
Not in this community but somewhere else. I asked it just in general as I was interested to know it and I wasn't aware what it means.
(2008-08-27, 04:54 AM)nimasdj Wrote: [ -> ]Not in this community but somewhere else. I asked it just in general as I was interested to know it and I wasn't aware what it means.

WebHostingTalk.com uses Community Liasons, here's WHT's description of their duties:
The Community Liaisons are forum-specific moderators and are hand picked from applications we have received. They are dedicated to managing a specific forum or set of forums within the community. They do not have vBulletin Administrator access or forum-wide moderation control. However, they can easily escalate issues to Community Leaders as required
Thanks for the help.
They are different names for different roles. You could name your moderators "Discussion Facilitators" or whatever you want.