MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No, the only problem is that you didn't overwrite all your 1.2.14 files with 1.4.1 files. If you open up the adminfunctions.php you uploaded, it blatantly says "MyBB 1.2" at the top.

<?php
/**
 * MyBB 1.2
 * Copyright © 2006 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved
 * License: http://www.mybboard.net/eula.html
 * $Id: adminfunctions.php 3311 2007-09-13 13:55:27Z chris $
 */

And, it obviously won't work if you have half 1.2.14 files and half 1.4.1 files. Again, I suggest you download the full 1.4.1 package (not the changed files) and upload it to your forum.
I downloaded 1401 from the downloads link of this very site..... i examined the ADMIN folder .... there doesn't seem to be an adminfunctions.php file there I guess that's the reason it hasn't been overwritten, there is no adminfunctions.php in the admin folder of my working 1.4.1 forum either.

I'm guessing the file on the downloads page is complete as i was able to set up a 1.4.1 forum from scratch and it works.

What i'll try later is deleting all 1.2 files apart from inc/config and inc/settings and then dump the 1.4 files and try and run the upgrade then, see what happens.
Having the 1.2 version of adminfunctions.php in your admin folder after an upgrade is normal; there's no 1.4 replacement for it, and the upgrade instructions don't tell you to delete it. You should be able to safely delete every file in the root of the admin dir except index.php.

(2008-09-03, 04:28 AM)BulletMag Wrote: [ -> ]What i'll try later is deleting all 1.2 files apart from inc/config and inc/settings and then dump the 1.4 files and try and run the upgrade then, see what happens.

That's a good idea... at the very least, delete the admin and install directories before uploading the 1.4 files. It could be that those leftover files in the admin directory are causing problems, but I can't figure out how... O_o
Finally after messing about i have managed to get my entire forum installed and updated to 1.4.1

I installed everything and deleted several files then uploaded 1.4.4 and updated ... worked Smile

all the problems are now related to the theme...

The rating column is displaying vertically instead of horizontally and messing the layout up..

small problem but im glad it works as it does...

thanx for everyones help
I have this problem too

you delete which files?
It's long winded but what i did was compare the 1.2 and 1.4 folders and deleted the ones that were in the 1.2 installation that were duplicated in the 1.4 folder (this is after the 1.2 is installed)

It worked for me
Pages: 1 2