MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] The username you have entered is invalid and does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,

when i was going to do banned for member i got this message

The username you have entered is invalid and does not exist
(2008-08-26, 10:19 PM)ehab2000 Wrote: [ -> ]hello,

when i was going to do banned for member i got this message

The username you have entered is invalid and does not exist

you were going to ban someone?

Chances are, they probably deleted their acct, but i would do a good look thru.. see if you can see anything else.. Confused
i just click on Ban user button and i got this message The following errors were encountered:

The username you have entered is invalid and does not exist.

any user i want to ban it got this message incloude moderators
That could be a bug... do the users have Unicode characters in their names?
yes they can use Unicode characters in their names but any user i couldn't ban them with Unicode or with out

what i have to do now?
??????????????????
(2008-08-28, 03:07 AM)ehab2000 Wrote: [ -> ]yes they can use Unicode characters in their names but any user i couldn't ban them with Unicode or with out

what i have to do now?

wierd. is ur com infected wif adwares or spywares?
(2008-08-29, 06:53 AM)OceanLove Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-28, 03:07 AM)ehab2000 Wrote: [ -> ]yes they can use Unicode characters in their names but any user i couldn't ban them with Unicode or with out

what i have to do now?

wierd. is ur com infected wif adwares or spywares?

LoL!!! Because client side issues affect server side code right?Rolleyes
Tested unicode, can ban here. I suggest using the UTF-8 character set if you're not using it - it helps with a lot of these sorts of problems.
(2008-08-29, 09:46 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Tested unicode, can ban here.

Hmm, I tried banning a user named ŴÐŻ and it didn't work because the mbstring internal encoding defaults to ISO-8859-1. Unlike the frontend of the board, the ACP doesn't call mb_internal_encoding($lang->settings['charset']), so functions like my_strtolower() won't properly handle UTF-8 strings. After adding that code, I can successfully ban the user. Bug? :p
Pages: 1 2