MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im a Mod of a forum that runs mybb 1.4
And i am in need of a bit of help.
We have already paid $70 to one person to come in a fix the forum up, Which We are so thankful for, But there are so so many problems with the site that it needs someone experienced to have a look and fix it.
We are able to pay for someone to fix it, Provided that they are experienced.
These are things that are wrong with the forum so far...
I will do it in point form as there are heaps of problems.
1. Cant log out.
2. No admin control for me. (super mod but can do admin things)
4. Cant split/edit or move threads or posts.
5. Open buddy list not working
6. Rep system not working
7. Polls not working
8. Cant change sigs/ or avvies
9. Only a few plug ins are working.
Hope some one can help us out.
As we really want this forum up and running.
I hope to hear from someone soon.
Cheers Jen
Umm wow, is this after an update or a fresh install?

But from the looks of it I would say reinstall Toungue because that's a lot of problems.
Another reinstall wont work.
It is a fresh install of 1.4 only on Saturday just gone, so not even a week ago. It is a upgrade from mybb 1.2

The problem seems to be the data base.
The forum has only been up for about a month.It was pretty good the only problem we had was the usergroups. Changing the usergroups couldn't do, So we reinstalled, Since then there has been all these other problems occur.
The backup data base seems to be corrupt.
Cant import data base,
1.4 My sql back up cant import either.

UPDATE!
Labrocca came to the rescue for us and fixed the forum up...
Man this guy is a legend. He can multitasks like no one i know.
It took him not even 1 hr and the forum is back up and running with everything working..
Labrocca mate thanking you tonnes and tonnes for all your help.
Anyone needs any help with your MyBB see Labrocca He is the man that you need on your side...
(2008-08-27, 03:11 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Umm wow, is this after an update or a fresh install?

But from the looks of it I would say reinstall Toungue because that's a lot of problems.

I agree.. if you do not have that many members and posts, then a re install would be the best.. if you need more help, just post!
Install a clean version of MyBB and use the MyBB Merge System to populate the new database with your old data.
Ya, Labrocca is way beyond most people here. I know MyBB probably would still be missing a lot of stuff without him(tons of great plugins and probably a lot of members that join because their available).