MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stats STILL Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, the stats on my forum index at http://forumpromotion.org CONTINUE not to work. MyBB Staff have failed to assist me in this. My cache says the correct member count, and the stats.php has the correct member count, but the index stats don't say the last digit!

This is really hurting me cause I'm trying to get advertisers, who look and leave after seeing I have '10' members.
It could be a problem with your templates if it's just not displaying correctly on the index page.

Plus, remember that myBB comes with no warranty so they haven't "failed" you - they offer support here for free, even to myBB forums running promotions on buying a vBulletin licence Sleepy

Go to "Index Page Templates" and then modify "index_stats". There should be "{$lang->stats_numusers}" somewhere in there.

If there isn't, in your ACP go to Configuration and manage your language pack. For the default, check in "index.lang.php". The setting "stats_numusers" should read We currently have {1} members registered..

Also, you could change the forum theme just for yourself back to the default theme - is the member count different still?...
Done everything you told me, even default theme doesn't work.

And the promotion is based on user/personal preference, and there are just too many bugs with mybb.
If the templates are fine, then recount and rebuilt the stats.

In the ACP, go to Tools & Maintenance, Recount & Rebuild and run the "Recount Statistics" option.

No piece of software can ever be bug free - nothing can be foolproof as fools are so ingenious... someone somewhere will always find a fault in it. If you take a look at vBulletin and IPB (costing around $200 each per licence), you'll find hundreds of bugs in the software.

Just because myBB is free, doesn't mean it won't have bugs in it! Just like everything else, it takes a few versions - e.g. the 1.2 series is now at release 14...

Rolleyes
(2008-08-27, 08:40 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]If the templates are fine, then recount and rebuilt the stats.

In the ACP, go to Tools & Maintenance, Recount & Rebuild and run the "Recount Statistics" option.

No piece of software can ever be bug free - nothing can be foolproof as fools are so ingenious... someone somewhere will always find a fault in it. If you take a look at vBulletin and IPB (costing around $200 each per licence), you'll find hundreds of bugs in the software.

Just because myBB is free, doesn't mean it won't have bugs in it! Just like everything else, it takes a few versions - e.g. the 1.2 series is now at release 14...

Rolleyes
OK, I'm not here to discuss what software is better. And IPB is about 120 dollars.

I've done everything you've said.
Send me FTP/Admin information and I'll fix what you did wrong.

Ryan
Info Sent
Looks like your going to be moving to vBulletin unless I am mistaken. I wish you luck with that.

Ryan