MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Well somethings gotta be wrong!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK all, so when I tried to use the installer on my forums I get a 403 forbidden signal.
But when I go to the forums page, it shows this
Quote:PHP Error Message

Warning: require_once(./inc/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a8768821/public_html/forum/global.php on line 13

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a8768821/public_html/forum/global.php on line 13

Free Web Hosting
So why is that?
Do I need to re-install a certain file?
Check the permissions on your files (CHMOD). The install directory, as well as all the files in it, should have a CHMOD of 755 as well as all the *.php files in the root of your forum. inc/config.php should be CHMOD 666.
After doing that, I get another message.
Quote:PHP Error Message

Warning: require_once(/home/a8768821/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a8768821/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 22

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a8768821/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a8768821/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 22

Free Web Hosting
Okay, try this: CHMOD ALL files to 644, then do the CHMODs I said previously. That should do the trick Toungue
It worked! Big Grin Sad But now the images don't show up!
EDIT: NVM! I got it fixed! Big Grin
For those who are smart enough to use the search:
All I did was re-upload some of the images, then CHMOD them to 777!