MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroup Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading from 1.12.13 to 1.4.1, I deleted the mybb_usergroup database by accident when I was trying to drop a couple tables inside it.

Of course, using the old backup from 1.12.13 (though it has given me my user groups back) I am having problems updating the user groups in the admincp. I receive the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'maxpmrecipients' in 'field list'
Query:
    UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET `type`='2', `title`='Junior Members', `description`='For those with 1-9 posts.', `namestyle`='{username}', `usertitle`='', `stars`='0', `starimage`='images/star.gif', `image`='', `isbannedgroup`='0', `canview`='1', `canviewthreads`='1', `canviewprofiles`='1', `candlattachments`='1', `canpostthreads`='1', `canpostreplys`='1', `canpostattachments`='1', `canratethreads`='0', `caneditposts`='1', `candeleteposts`='0', `candeletethreads`='0', `caneditattachments`='1', `canpostpolls`='1', `canvotepolls`='1', `canusepms`='1', `cansendpms`='1', `cantrackpms`='1', `candenypmreceipts`='1', `pmquota`='0', `maxpmrecipients`='0', `cansendemail`='1', `maxemails`='5', `canviewmemberlist`='1', `canviewcalendar`='1', `canaddevents`='0', `canbypasseventmod`='0', `canmoderateevents`='0', `canviewonline`='1', `canviewwolinvis`='0', `canviewonlineips`='0', `cancp`='0', `issupermod`='0', `cansearch`='1', `canusercp`='1', `canuploadavatars`='1', `canchangename`='0', `showforumteam`='0', `usereputationsystem`='1', `cangivereputations`='1', `reputationpower`='1', `maxreputationsday`='5', `attachquota`='0', `cancustomtitle`='0', `canwarnusers`='1', `canreceivewarnings`='1', `maxwarningsday`='5', `canmodcp`='0', `candisplaygroup`='', `canviewgames`='1', `canplaygames`='1' WHERE gid='15' 

Is there anyway I can fix this? Thank you.
Well..., it looks like the mybb_usergroup database had changed in the 1.4.1 version and it didn't have the maxpmrecipients column.

Maybe someone could you what columns do you have to insert. (I don't know wich of them because I have little problems upgrading too).

You could always revert to the 1.12.13 version you had (installing the backup of your DB), and upgrade again.
(2008-08-28, 07:19 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]You could always revert to the 1.12.13 version you had (installing the backup of your DB), and upgrade again.

That's what I would do to prevent any unforeseen issues in the future.
Though that would work, I would prefer not to have to do that. I have already put in quite a bit of work into 1.4.x and would hope that I could just find out what was updated in that database instead. Also, my last backup was 2 days earlier which is naughty on my part for upgrading without getting a new back-up (I know), but I don't want to lose the posts and threads of those 2 days.

It seems to be an issue with the "maxpmrecipients" table not being there.
Well you could do it 1 of 2 ways.

Make a new test forum. Restore your forum prior to 1.4, upgrade the forum to 1.4, go into phpMyAdmin (or whatever you use to admin your databases) and export just the usergroup table and upload it to the live site with incorrect table.

or

Make a current backup of the posts and threads tables. Restore you site prior to 1.4 and to the upgrade and then restore the posts and threads tables. (May have some adverse affects though.)
Test forum idea sounds like a good idea. How do I get a hold of 1.2.13 full installment?
Was that backup 2 days ago from your 1.4.1 upgrade? If so, you could probably use that to restore mybb_usergroups (assuming you haven't changed any usergroup setting since the backup) if you open up the backup in a text-editor, just cut out the relevant section and put it in phpMyAdmin.
Ah, perfection. Looks like everything is working now. Thanks so much for the help and suggestions (and the link), folks. I hope this is my only stupid moment of the year.

DennisTT Wrote:Was that backup 2 days ago from your 1.4.1 upgrade? If so, you could probably use that to restore mybb_usergroups (assuming you haven't changed any usergroup setting since the backup) if you open up the backup in a text-editor, just cut out the relevant section and put it in phpMyAdmin.
No, it was from the 1.2.13 backup. I made a test forum, uploaded only the usergroup backup, and upgraded it to 1.4.1. Downloaded a backup and transferred to my main site, it all loaded up and looks good thus far.
(2008-08-28, 07:11 AM)RHunt Wrote: [ -> ]After upgrading from 1.12.13 to 1.4.1, I deleted the mybb_usergroup database by accident when I was trying to drop a couple tables inside it.

Of course, using the old backup from 1.12.13 (though it has given me my user groups back) I am having problems updating the user groups in the admincp. I receive the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'maxpmrecipients' in 'field list'
Query:
    UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET `type`='2', `title`='Junior Members', `description`='For those with 1-9 posts.', `namestyle`='{username}', `usertitle`='', `stars`='0', `starimage`='images/star.gif', `image`='', `isbannedgroup`='0', `canview`='1', `canviewthreads`='1', `canviewprofiles`='1', `candlattachments`='1', `canpostthreads`='1', `canpostreplys`='1', `canpostattachments`='1', `canratethreads`='0', `caneditposts`='1', `candeleteposts`='0', `candeletethreads`='0', `caneditattachments`='1', `canpostpolls`='1', `canvotepolls`='1', `canusepms`='1', `cansendpms`='1', `cantrackpms`='1', `candenypmreceipts`='1', `pmquota`='0', `maxpmrecipients`='0', `cansendemail`='1', `maxemails`='5', `canviewmemberlist`='1', `canviewcalendar`='1', `canaddevents`='0', `canbypasseventmod`='0', `canmoderateevents`='0', `canviewonline`='1', `canviewwolinvis`='0', `canviewonlineips`='0', `cancp`='0', `issupermod`='0', `cansearch`='1', `canusercp`='1', `canuploadavatars`='1', `canchangename`='0', `showforumteam`='0', `usereputationsystem`='1', `cangivereputations`='1', `reputationpower`='1', `maxreputationsday`='5', `attachquota`='0', `cancustomtitle`='0', `canwarnusers`='1', `canreceivewarnings`='1', `maxwarningsday`='5', `canmodcp`='0', `candisplaygroup`='', `canviewgames`='1', `canplaygames`='1' WHERE gid='15' 

Is there anyway I can fix this? Thank you.

I dont think there ever was a 1.12.13 version of mybb. There was a 1.2.13 ....>.>