MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why does Opera randomly refresh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a feature of Opera I hate- I load a page, and 10seconds later it refreshes... even more annoying now that the internet is slow until the 1st of September... and when I am in hotmail I select emails to delete and the stupid thing refreshes! So I have to wait for it to reload so I can retick the emails I was going to delete.
Yes it is annoying, but like everything in Opera, it can be customised.

1. Right click on the page, click on "reload every". Scroll down to never and click it.

You may have to change this on every website your visit (individual page settings), I am unsure.

2. Tools->Preferences->Advanced->Browsing.
Change the redraw setting to what you want (though this isn't reload, it can't hurt)
That's odd. I've never had that issue when I used Opera (although I would change it so it always checked for new documents, which by default I think it caches them for so many hours).
The thing about the internet about being slow is that alot more people are on cause schools out.
(2008-08-29, 01:23 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]The thing about the internet about being slow is that alot more people are on cause schools out.

What does that have to do with browsers refreshing?
I dont know but in his first post he mentions that the internet is slow till sept 1.
(2008-08-29, 01:28 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know but in his first post he mentions that the internet is slow till sept 1.

That's probably because his internet speed gets capped after a certain amount of usage. He (Lachlan) lives in Australia, and I know that policy (or similar policies) are pretty common there.
o thanks for the clarification
Yeah here we get slowed to 64kbps after we exceed our usage.
I get charged for exceeding my bandwidth Sad
Don't really need to get capped either - look at my latencies...
[Image: clipboard01dc4.jpg]

...that's actually when it works... more often, I get this:
[Image: clipboard02uw3.jpg]
Pages: 1 2