MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning system bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a joke, I warned one of my mods. It was only +1 and should've stopped him for posting for an hour. The warning is expired, more than 24 hours have passed and he still can not post.

Is this a bug? And if so, how can I restore his posting privileges?
You have to allow for the "Half-hourly User Cleanup" task to run. As the name suggests, this usually runs every half an hour (or thereabouts, assuming your forum has had hits).

You can also try running this task manually through the ACP task manager, and that should return the warning status.
(2008-08-28, 06:03 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You have to allow for the "Half-hourly User Cleanup" task to run. As the name suggests, this usually runs every half an hour (or thereabouts, assuming your forum has had hits).

You can also try running this task manually through the ACP task manager, and that should return the warning status.

I checked the log. It's been running. He's been banned from posting over 24 hours now.

Is there a MySQL query I could run to manually fix him?
Can you try this query in phpMyAdmin first, just so that we can get more information about this bug:

SELECT uid, usergroup, additionalgroups, displaygroup, moderateposts, moderationtime, suspendposting, suspensiontime FROM mybb_users WHERE username='the username of your mod'

Either copy the results or post a screenshot.

Thanks.
uid usergroup additionalgroups displaygroup moderateposts moderationtime suspendposting suspensiontime
20 3 8 0 0 0 1 1219960984
Check your warning levels. I think you set it to release the posting suspension after 1 day. Suspensions go by warning level, not the warning type expiration time.
Warning Types
Percentage Action to Take Controls
2% Suspend posting privileges for 1 Hour(s) Edit Delete
10% Suspend posting privileges for 1 Day(s) Edit Delete
100% Move to banned group (Banned) for Never Edit Delete
Any idea what caused this? His warning level was at 0% and it was past the 24 hour mark and he was still banned from posting. I had to manually edit him in MySQL to unban him.