MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: edit reason plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did install and activate edit reason plugin. and now what? when I do click "Full Edit", I see no place to enter the reason. where should I write the reason? does this plugin work with v1.4.1?
Okay discovered reason, it seems plugin does not update editpost template. so I added the this block manually and it works fine. but why editpost was not updated? isn't it a bug?
Quote: <tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>Edit Reason:</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="editreason" size="40" maxlength="100" value="{$post['editreason']}" tabindex="1" /></td>
</tr>
No you just have to add it manually. Not every plugin has everything done for you automatically. Heck even some Nickman's (a MyBB developer) plugins require a few manual edits.
Just see the html block above in plugin code and thought it will be added as that was part of the code but it was not. This is why I was confused. Anyway I got the html block from plugin code and add it manually to template.
I know I was just explaining that it wasn't a bug Wink.
So what the html block in the plugin code does as it will not be added to template?
Oh! Umm idk I never actually looked that plugins and code for some reason didn't read your post fully or was tired and misunderstood. Ya I don't know why it would be in the actual plugin but not be automatically added.

Edit: I know why now for the global templates maybe?
no, that should not be added to global templates. but only to "editpost" and "editpostby" templates.