MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rar file upload woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all before I ask for help on my question, i would like to say thanks so much for Mybb v1.4.1. It is the most incredible, powerful & easy to manage forum software I have ever used. I have vbulletin on another board of mine and I have to say I wouldn't have to think twice about switching it to mybb.

So amazing work!

On to the question..

I cannot seem to get rar files to upload. I keep getting the error :

application/x-rar - Filetype is not supported!

I have tried every Mime type under the sun, even none, but still cannot get it to upload rar files. I saw a post about disabling some file check security but the guy that posted it said it was a bad idea, so I would rather avoid that approach if possible (for security reasons)

Note : I tried rar files ranging from 1kb to 3mb with no success. Yes other file types upload perfectly for me.

Thanks for any help, it is truly appreciated.
Umm which have you tried exactly? Because from what I see the correct mime type is
Quote:application/x-rar-compressed
Hi.

I have tried the following :

application/x-rar-compressed
application/x-rar
application/rar
There was a problem about uploading RAR files with 1.2, maybe it's passed over into 1.4?

A few things: try the MIME type application/octet-stream. I have that set as my MIME type for RAR files and it works fine.

If it doesn't work, I found that Apache might be stopping it from being uploaded. If that's the case, and you have cPanel, add the MIME type as an Apache handler (sounds insane, but you'd be surprised - it solved the problem I was having at work this morning). If you don't have access to the handlers, just mail your host to see if they can add it in.

More information would be good too - does myBB give any errors when it uploads, or is it a case of when you download the attachment?
Sorry nevermind.

The issue is related to mkportal only. I thought it was mybb too.

I guess il go and post my question at mkportal.it Wink

Thanks anyway guys
Well that's good I guess (For myBB), hope you get your problem fixed though.Wink