MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Considering MyBB - can I customize it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-08-29, 09:13 PM)jasonwisdom Wrote: [ -> ]I'm away from my coding computer at the moment - myBB is just pure vanilla PHP, no Zend or Cake or anything?
Yeap.
Not to lead you away from myBB, and talking of vanilla, have you seen Vanilla Forums (Lussumo)?

Bit wierd to get used to, but I've been using it as a chat-room thing for our group for a while now and is easily customized at source...
He means vanilla as in just a forum not a CMS. That's cool that you tried to make one...i tried before i tried mybb.
(2008-08-29, 10:22 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]He means vanilla as in just a forum not a CMS. That's cool that you tried to make one...i tried before i tried mybb.

I looked through Vanilla and it seemed the same. There was not a mention about "here's how to integrate a discussion forum into your website.

Yeah the whole 'CMS' part I don't need or want.
I just need an easy discussion forum add-on.
I DO like the look and feel of myBB.
Is there an easy way to disable all of the CMS-stuff? (Help section, Member List, Archive Mode, Control Panel, MyCode, probably much more)
I already disabled Registration. I still need to wire the Users tables to sync up with each other (probably via triggers on the orig. Users table)
You can delete:
memberlist.php
archive/*
usercp.php

And then remove the links from the templates (header, footer, header_welcomeblock_member).

For MyCode, just disable it for all the forums.
Thanks for the tips.
Question - where are the header/footer/header_welcomeblock_member templates?
You have to login and go to the AdminCP. Then go to configuration and then templates.
(2008-08-29, 07:35 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You could probably get by with changing the password check algorithm in inc/functions_user.php. Take a look at the validate_password_by_uid function.

Thank you for this tip.
I did change the password check algorithm to use SHA-2 instead of MD5. However........now when I log into the Forum, it says
"You have been successfully logged in ......."
and then it refreshes to home page & says,
"Hello there, Guest!"!

How can I get it to say, "Hello there, Jason!"?
Check the cookie path
Hmph. >Sad

Okay I'm developing this on a MacBook Pro with Leopard.
For cookie domain I type .localhost
For cookie path I type /forum/

It still doens't work.
I reinstalled everything and even with the original code, I still get "Hello there, Guest!" after I enter the admin stuff.

Any advice?
Pages: 1 2 3