MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to put two bb's within one site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an autism board I have developed for both young people with ASD and their parents. Could I put a parellel forum for their parents?? Maybe, for example, www.spectrumfriends.com/forum and www.spectrumfriends.com/forum2 ??? WOuld that work????
Well,

CAM I don't understand your question if your saying that one database and two Bulletin Boards?
Ya that is possible just configure the both borads to the database and it is suppose to work!!!!!!!

If no Sad then Sorry I didn't understood your question.

FAISAL~
I would recommend using groups and then just having parents get their own forum that kids can't see or something. I'm not exactly sure what your going for.
Ok, 2 links , same front page, ie, KIDS FORUM PARENTS FORUM

Kids forum all access and moderated by parents... Parents forum passworded ? No?
You could do that way or just make the parent's forum hidden from the kids(I usually do this as I don't like dealing with more passwords than I have to).

But it wouldn't require any more links just using the build in group and permission features.
Install 2 seperate versions of myBB correct?
Yeah, I don't see why. But you'd have to make a new database.. and such.
no you could just rename the table prefix so it would work in one database...i do that alot
yeah what chasingu said but you don't need two separate forums, like the others said, just create two groups and give each separate forum permissions, easy as pie and no passwords needed.
You can do it 1 of 3 ways:

1) 2 Forums(sets of files), 2 Seperate databases, 2 different cookie prefixes.
2) 2 Forums(sets of files), 1 Database, 2 different table & cookie prefixes.
3) 1 Forum(set of files), 1 Database, 1 table & cookie prefix, 2 usergroups, 2 different groups of forums.
(2008-08-29, 06:05 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it 1 of 3 ways:

1) 2 Forums(sets of files), 2 Seperate databases, 2 different cookie prefixes.
2) 2 Forums(sets of files), 1 Database, 2 different table & cookie prefixes.
3) 1 Forum(set of files), 1 Database, 1 table & cookie prefix, 2 usergroups, 2 different groups of forums.
Method 2 requires the least setup work Wink