MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Referal Mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I remember having this Mod for MyBB 1.2, is it possible this could be updated?

Thanks.
-Rovin
Referrals come with core MyBB?
(2008-08-29, 02:11 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Referrals come with core MyBB?

They do? I must have completely missed it, could someone tell me 'how'?
If you register, you'll see a text field named 'Referrer'.

[Image: registrationoi6.png]
Thank you.

Is it possible to give users a link or a form to fill out to send emails to people who they want to refer to? This would show up on their Profile if they refer?
MyBB supports referral links without any modifications, and there's a "show referred users" tool in the Admin CP, but you'll need a modification to show referrals in profiles (this one for 1.2 could be updated pretty easily).

To make a referral link, add the "referrer" or "referrername" parameter to any board URL, like so:

mybb.example.com/index.php?referrer=12345
mybb.example.com/index.php?referrername=somebody

The referrer ID will then be stored in a cookie, and used to auto-fill the Referrer field when the new user registers.

Edit: The author of that plugin said he'll be updating it soon: http://community.mybboard.net/post-24353...#pid243531
(2008-08-30, 12:23 AM)WDZ Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB supports referral links without any modifications, and there's a "show referred users" tool in the Admin CP, but you'll need a modification to show referrals in profiles (this one for 1.2 could be updated pretty easily).

To make a referral link, add the "referrer" or "referrername" parameter to any board URL, like so:

mybb.example.com/index.php?referrer=12345
mybb.example.com/index.php?referrername=somebody

The referrer ID will then be stored in a cookie, and used to auto-fill the Referrer field when the new user registers.

Edit: The author of that plugin said he'll be updating it soon: http://community.mybboard.net/post-24353...#pid243531

Thanks for you response, it's appreciated! Smile