MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove columns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can remove columns for Threads,Posts and Last Post??

as done here on MyBB forum Named

MyBB Merge System and Plugins & Code Modifications
Well, if the "master forum" (MyBB Merge System) only has "sub forums" (General Support, Bug Reports) and NO messages at all, I think MyBB do that automatically (never tried this but you colud test it with an invented "master forum" and "subforums" inside it)
well i have tried this already.

but it does not remove the columns it takes the test description to next line and in case of sub forums it just prints and 1 more etc when it reaches to first column.
Ok..., I'm gonna say somthing that sure it's stupid but perhaps I'm right (I never tested it so...)

I'm telling you all this talking about the 1.1.8 version of MyBB, but sure you know how to convert this "steps" to the 1.4.1 version Wink

When you create a new forum "Control Panel » Forum Management" there is a "Style Options" section where you could choose the "style" you want to this section.

So you have to create a "new" template based in the one yo have, only have to change 2 things to the new template: the name of the template (obvious), and the "index" template (Control Panel » Template Manager >> Your New Template >> Expand >> Index Page Templates >> Index)

in the "index" template yo have to modify the HTML to fix your requeriments (deleting the columns that you don't want).

After that perhaps you have to create a new Theme too based on this new Template.

So..., when you creat the new Forum, you choose the new "style" and it must appears like you want.

(Maybe I just said one big stupid answer, sorry if I do)
Try changing the forum's type to "Category"
(2008-08-29, 09:37 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the forum's type to "Category"

So easy? LOL

Thanks ZiNgA BuRgA to show that my answer was soooo stupid.. Wink
(2008-08-29, 09:41 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-29, 09:37 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the forum's type to "Category"

So easy? LOL

Actually, to be honest, I never actually knew that until DennisTT mentioned it somewhere >_> Toungue
(2008-08-29, 09:41 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]

So easy? LOL

it is not working for me Sad
Ooh I always wondered how that worked Toungue
@ Matt

did you tried this?
I can do this...........
Pages: 1 2