MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: when i update to the 9-3-2005 PR 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i run the upgarde.php i get this

Warning: main(./resources/output.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/will/public_html/mybb/install/upgrade.php on line 34

Warning: main(./resources/output.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/will/public_html/mybb/install/upgrade.php on line 34

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './resources/output.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/will/public_html/mybb/install/upgrade.php on line 34
Have you uploaded the resources folder in the install folder of MyBB?
yes i have
This is a quote from k776

k776 Wrote:People. Read instructions! Not doing so will stuff up you forum. knol, that error is occuring because the field has already been made prevoiusy. You were not asked to upload everything and go to the upgrade script Toungue
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3633
If you have a look at that thread, under the heading "Upgrading Your Forums", it says that if you already have PR2, just to upload all the new files into the right directories. There is a list of files to upload underneath the heading "Changed Files".

So, backup your forum to what you had, upload only the changed files (not inlcuding ones under install/ since you have already installed/upgraded!), and you have upgraded your forum. No need to install or upgrade. Just replace files.

Then, for extra fixes, go to Admin CP > Themes > Import, and import install/resources/mybb_theme.xml then delete the old theme.

As a result of this, you boards files, theme, and templates will be updated and patched, and all the bugs listed at that thread will be fixed. I advise everyone to do what I've just suggested!
what about any SQL changes Shy
Will29 Wrote:what about any SQL changes Shy

None at all unless your upgrading from rc4