MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help installing MyBB - few questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
it seems that you have uploaded the forum and called the index.php Smile

you have to install it first.
to do that

1. create a database
2. add a user with full rights to the newly created DB
3. and then call this address www.yourdomain.com/your-forum-directory/install/
changing (yourdomain) and (your-forum-directory) to your own.
4. then its simple as to install a media player Smile

Best of Luck
[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
please help me with this problem,I set it up. with Smart FTP.
[Image: 696532en8.jpg]
I don't understand, How do set it up. with Smart FTP this show up.,Can you explain
[Image: 6655555mu3.jpg]
I don't understand, How do set it up. with Smart FTP,Can you explainBig GrinBig Grin
You have to install the forum not just upload it. This is your third thread and we have answered you question every time! You have to read a little we can't baby you through the whole thing.

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing Read all the pages. You can get to the next page by clicking "Uploading Files>>" then on that page "CHMOD Files>>" so on and so for each of the pages. If you follow all the steps your forum will be installed and work Wink.
sorry,But I follow all the steps,Didn't work for me,ma be,I'm missing something?
I don't understand this,explain plz ExclamationExclamation

how so you install the forum,explain?

Quote: * Make sure that the directory structure is kept. (ie. the files in the 'admin' directory should be uploaded to a directory called 'admin', the files in the 'archive' directory should be uploaded to a directory called 'archive', etc)
* Make sure that you upload the .php, .html, .css and any other text file in ASCII mode, and that you upload the .gif, .jpg, .png, and any other binary file in Binary mode (see your FTP software documentation)
how so you install the forum,explain?
The first one means that the folders that were in the ZIP (admin, images, inc, etc) must be uploaded exactly like that with the same files in the folders. With most modern ZIP and FTP tools, this shouldn't really be a problem.

The second one you need to check with your FTP program documentation on how to do this.
Have you ran the installer in the browser? It is located at install/index.php of where you uploaded it on your website.
1) Upload the files to a directory/folder.
2) CHMOD the necessary folders, files
3) Go to yoursite.com/*your directory*/install/

From there, set up your forum.

This is just a brief explanation, read the full Install guide on the Wiki.

[Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Pages: 1 2 3