MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is using a favicon possible for these boards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if it's possible to add a favicon beside the URL on this forum software? If so, how?
You will need to upload your favicon.ico into the root directory of your forum.
and that's it? no code editing? sweet Big Grin
(2008-08-29, 05:28 PM)chic_urbanity Wrote: [ -> ]and that's it? no code editing? sweet Big Grin

Yes, usually most servers will automatically detect it. Although if it doesn't we can give you something to force it Wink.
Most modern browsers will look for a favicon.ico at the root of your domain (say www.yourdomain.com/favicon.ico). However, if your favicon is not located at the root level, or you just want to be sure that browsers find it, there is some HTML code you can add to your headerinclude template:
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"> 
And you can change the href to point to where you have stored the favicon.
thanks again! Smile
If you don't want to use a real .ico file, use this:

<link rel="icon" 
      type="image/png" 
      href="http://example.com/myicon.png">

Changing png to whatever files type it is. Put it in your header.
okay lol I feel silly, but where do I put the html code? you say headerinclude... but where in the template?

I've placed the board on my server but I'm sharing a server so my URL is actually a paid domain that covers up the real URL which is my friend's, and I have a folder in my friend's directory (chic-urbanity) so my website is actually my personal portfolio, but the forums I've uploaded for an entirely different purpose...

So where do I put this HTML code?
It's under "Ungrouped Templates" Wink
thank you!