MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL database is deleting itself...AGAIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I know I have had this problem before, but i reset my forum and now it has happened again.

The "dateline" row is deleting for no apparent reason.

Now I changed all my passwords to something so random nobody could have guessed it, so why is this happening again???

I think it is a major bug!
What do you mean "reset"?
MyBB can't delete any tables, it would need to done by command line or phpmyadmin. It seem your server is having some issues. Do you know if your host keeps the server up to date?
by "reset" i meant i re-installed the entire forum and transferred the posts from a phpbb2 forum.

and i never said a table had been deleted, just that it couldn't find a row:

mySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.dateline' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, COUNT(pms.pmid) AS pms_total, SUM(IF(pms.dateline>u.lastvisit AND pms.folder='1','1','0')) AS pms_new, SUM(IF(pms.status='0' AND pms.folder='1','1','0')) AS pms_unread, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup FROM forum_users u LEFT JOIN forum_privatemessages pms ON (pms.uid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN forum_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN forum_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='2' AND u.password='*************Password removed***************' GROUP BY u.uid

so can u guys work that out?
Was this an upgrade or fresh install?
it was a re-install, i basically uploaded all the files again and re-ran the install incase there was a problem with some files
well my hosting company says it isn't a problem with the phpmyadmin or their SQL server, so it must be something in the programming.

i'm changing back to phpbb until mybb gold comes out, and i hope that proves better than this version
You're doing it wrong, you can't take phpbb2 data and insert it into mybb's database. PHPBB's and MyBB's data structure is different, so that's why you're having trouble. Did you try lobsters PHPBB to mybb conversion script? (for RC4?) then upgrade to PR2 from there?
I'm not doing it wrong at all! I used a converter supplied by this forum to get all the info across. I'm not that stupid! I haven't yet upgraded to PR2 so i'll do that now