MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin download Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking for a script that can mange downloads
e.g some thing like which has been used to donload Plugins here at MyBB Mods Section.

Can someone give me an idea or suggestion for how to do that?
That was custom made by the MyBB team of course. Wink Their not going to release for download, since it was custom made for one website.
I can't understand why the MyBB team doesn't release their modifications...
There are many many threads in the community about how to integrate MyBB with a CMS or Blog, and many more threads about how to make a downloa section and how to integrate with a wiki.
If the MyBB team will release their mods as plugins (especially the WP integration) it will boost MyBB.
I think they partially fear having to have another project to maintain essentially. Bugs might be found as well as security holes. They should and they are concentrating on mybb alone. Someone should clone it though. Smile
(2008-08-30, 06:24 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I think they partially fear having to have another project to maintain essentially. Bugs might be found as well as security holes. They should and they are concentrating on mybb alone. Someone should clone it though. Smile

Yeah this is true... I haven't thought about that.
I'm pretty sure the blog isn't integrated. It just looks like it though. All they've done is created separate accounts for WP.
MM released a download system plugin/modification, but I'm not sure if it has been updated for 1.4.x. You can check it out at MyBB Mods.

The MyBB site is built with Chris's own PHP framework, so I doubt he will release that. There is no integration between MyBB and Wordpress. However, there is a bridge for MediaWiki which was released some time ago in the Mods forum.
yes i found it here...........
http://mods.mybboard.net/archive/view/downloads-section

but it does not works fully with 1.4.x Sad
(2008-08-31, 10:29 AM)unramped Wrote: [ -> ]yes i found it here...........
http://mods.mybboard.net/archive/view/downloads-section

but it does not works fully with 1.4.x Sad

It will do soon. Wink
oki and also please add afew features if you dnt mind Smile
e.g.

1. rate file
2. terms page before showing download link.
3. Subcategory

thanx Smile
oohh
you are the admin.

then i hope you can do it more easily and professionally (ignoring the fact that you have no time for this Sad).

but i really need this for my site relating MyBB downloads as many other sites are there for IPB and PHPBB etc.

I can use other Download Management scripts but i want to use a single DB for my forum and download section members.
and there no best solution to this except the one above.
@ Musicalmidget
how much will it take?

coz i really really need this Sad
please try to make it as quickly as possible.
thanx a lot in advance.......... Smile