MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Project - MyJobBoard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have to say, I was very impressed with Kodaks' "MyBB website".

For a while, I have been interested in Freelancing and the such, and now, I have decided to make my own forum.

In addition to this normal forum, I will have an separate board for freelancers to post ads (with a small subscription fee).

For this, though, I will need a different software. I liked MyBB, so I decided to try to make the board using MyBB, 3 PHP plugins, and my knowledge of HTML/CSS.

Ideas:
Contact info that will appear on thread will be configurable in User CP.
Must have active subscription to view Contact Info.
There is no replying to threads, only viewing.

Links:
Links are yet to come, as this is still in production.

Blueprints:
[Image: 1threadview-guest.gif]
A rough sketch of the thread view for guests.

More to Come!

Screenshots:
[Image: Th.threadview-member.jpg]
An almost-complete example of a job post. Basically, the job description is the actual post details, while the contact information is extract from the user's profile.
[Image: Th.threadview-guest.png]
Just like above, but as a guest, the contact section is extracting information from the 'No Permissions Page'. All that needs to be done now is to fix the stuff around it, and remove some of the buttons.
[Image: Th.preview.gif]
This is an example of the Guest View for the MyJobBoard index. It has an edited footer and header. The box with 'Text goes here' will be edited so that it will show different info about subscribing, based on the group you are in.
[Image: Th.preview2.gif]
Here is the Admin view of the Index.

I am still updating the header, and am working on a Forum RSS thing.

Also, I am using the Spicefuse SEO, so categories are http://link.com/category-f(ID).html, forums are http://link.com/category-name/forum-f(ID).html, and topics are http://link.com/forum-name/topictitle-t(ID).html.

I also made it so that while the thread can still extract info from the profile, using the SpiceFuse version of the member URL will just send you to the index. I will update this to make it work even better later.

I hope everybody wishes me luck with this, and I have a pretty good idea of how I'm gonna do this.
Hmm, looks pretty good!
It's good that you've created blueprints of your MyJobBoard.
Anyway, good luck, Zash Cool
Excellent idea, Zash! I can't wait to see the final project!

Here is a little tip that may help you out:
Instead of having to do the tedious task of renaming all the php files a different name (like changing showthread.php to showjob.php) and editing files to correct the navigational aspects, I would recommend creating mod_rewrite's and then simply changing the template files to point to the altered URL's (like showjob-22.html).

This way, you won't need to do a whole lot of code changes and renaming when you upgrade to a newer version of MyBB.

Best of luck to you!
My first screenshot is up!
(2008-08-31, 12:55 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]My first screenshot is up!

Looks promising! I can't wait to see more, once you've completed them!

Great job! Smile
Thanks.
Yeah, very nice!
Updated with Index Images.

Also, I am going to be using the new 'Topic Description' for a 'location'.

I don't want to put any PHP mods on this version because its on a different server from where the final one will be.

So right now I'm doing Templates changes ONLY.
I've also made a new skin. Nice and simple, not like my usual fancy ones.
Wow!, Oh Man, this is AMAZING, **drools**, this is EXACTLY what MyBB site is planned to be...A Job Service System based on MyBB, with more advanced features, I would like to discuss this very much more in detail with you! Ill be sending Pm to you!
Pages: 1 2