MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB evaluation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As long as I evaluated MyBB, things I can say:
  • It lacks the ability to moderate by individual user/usergeroup which is a must-do job for next version I posted it here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-36928.html
  • "Email about new members" should be a built-in setting rather than a plugin.
  • smtp thing is not compatible with all servers and should be improved. not only smtp authentication, but FROM is an issue, for some functions I don't see forum name as FROM name and it is missing in some functions. for example alert for pm if using smtp, you don't have FROM name. and it is (non sender)
#1 Most people don't need this feature. I know I've never needed it and I've never been on a forum that has.

#2 Why? I mean half of the member almost every forum doesn't post any way. I think it's a plugin anyway.

#3 It's a large minority that is have the problem. If it works for 99% of the people who use MyBB doesn't that mean there is something wrong with the servers and not the script.
There is nothing wrong in my server setting.
This what I get in meil log:

Quote:2008-08-30 09:49:14 SMTP syntax error in "MAIL FROM:<"Blah Forums name" <[email protected]>>" H=(blah.com) [x.x.x.x]:37121 I=[x.x.x.x]:26 "@" or "." expected after ""Blah Forums Name""

as about #1, you don't need it doesn't mean that nobody need it, it is good to be a feature for next version and you switch it off for yourself.
But just because you need it doesn't mean it should be a built in feature. I mean the same philosophy applies.
As I said you can switch it off for yourself....
The SMTP issue was fixed in 1.4.1.
I have still the same issue in v1.4.1 and I am sure I did overwrite the fixed /inc/class_mailhandler.php and still the same issue and I said what I see in logs above.
can you double check the smtp issue as I still have it?