MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Moderator Log - everyone is mod!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok in my forum its like the subject! Normal members, whoever doing "deletion" of his/her thread/post coming into the list of moderators & increasing it in a alarming rate!

Shouldn't the Mods be differentiated from other members! Or, they are to make all things messed up very soon Sad

MyBB version 1.4.1

[Image: dnxtck0.png]

Quote:Posting the bug report
There are a few points of information that we would like to have in order to process the bug reports faster.

* The subject of the bug report should be a concise description of the bug.
* In the message of the post, please include a specific description of the bug, a list of procedures to reproduce the bug (if applicable). Screenshots help greatly (remember, pictures are worth a thousand words). The exact error messages also help us greatly (especially with SQL errors).
* MyBB 1.4 Version - a precise version number (from your forum's version check page) must be included with any bug report

Please include the following when available and applicable:

* PHP version - can be found on the Admin CP homepage
* Database type and version version - this means MySQL/PgSQL/SQLite/etc and the version of the database server that you are using. This can be found on the Admin CP homepage - include it especially if you are reporting database errors
* Browser - especially for theme/style/front-end issues
* URL to example, or screenshot and a test user
The log includes people who have deleted posts or threads.

It is intended to work this way.
To be fair, it does say "Forum Moderator:" next to the menu... :p

And on a busy forum, that list could fill up with thousands of usernames after a couple years... :/
(2008-08-31, 09:28 AM)WDZ Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, it does say "Forum Moderator:" next to the menu... :p

And on a busy forum, that list could fill up with thousands of usernames after a couple years... :/

Thats what I mean....

Its already 50+ within 1800 members(in my forum) & Moderators are getting lost among normal members. I have a joining rate of 50+ per day at the moment.
Then what is a decent, short alternative for "Forum Moderator:"? I can't think of any.
I think 2 different options...1. Moderator Activity & 2. Moderation Log could help....
(2008-08-31, 04:46 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Then what is a decent, short alternative for "Forum Moderator:"? I can't think of any.
Not short, but "users who have performed moderation actions" or something similar.

Either case, the current label is very misleading.

Alternatively, group the list up - have moderators at the top, then normal users in a separate group below.