MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Postbit Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I get it so its postbit classic on my forums?

http://gamingsmostwanted.net/mybb/index.php

That is my site..

I want to know how I could make it classic for everyone..

By the way this is the regular MyBB skin.. We just customized it..
You can change the default post layout from the settings manager in the admin control panel, but you should be aware that users will be able to revert back to the horizontal style from the user control panel if they desire.

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Show Thread Options -> Post Layout
(2008-08-31, 07:22 PM)Musicalmidget Wrote: [ -> ]You can change the default post layout from the settings manager in the admin control panel, but you should be aware that users will be able to revert back to the horizontal style from the user control panel if they desire.

This doesn't work. I set the default as Classic but I've checked with every one of my members, both just registered and old, they all use horizontal.

I know they didn't choose this - it is default even though I didn't set it as default.
(2008-08-31, 07:22 PM)Musicalmidget Wrote: [ -> ]You can change the default post layout from the settings manager in the admin control panel, but you should be aware that users will be able to revert back to the horizontal style from the user control panel if they desire.

I tried that and it still didn't work.. Even for me.
The ACP setting only affects guests (and new registrations after 1.4.2). Users can choose themselves in User CP --> Edit Options, and currently the ACP setting does not override that.
In the mean time: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-361...#pid241192

Then, run the SQL query further down the page to fix current users.
(2008-08-31, 08:55 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The ACP setting only affects guests (and new registrations after 1.4.2). Users can choose themselves in User CP --> Edit Options, and currently the ACP setting does not override that.

hmm 1.4.2 is coming out soon? huh? Big GrinWink