MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request]Optional 'Safe' Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was a way that users could choose whether their email would be shown as the built in MyBB Email form, or their actual email.

I was thinking, add an option in the User CP that lets you choose to either "Publically Display your Email" or "Use MyBB's Built-In Email Form (Your email will remain hidden).".

This will affect how the email is shown in their profile.
So it would be displayed as [email protected], with a link like mailto:[email protected]?
Yes, but only if users choose it to be like that.
This is a bad idea. Displaying your e-mail address on the internet now basically guarantees it being harvested. :|
I agree. Spam bots (if they do get to your forums) will find these links and eat them like crazy. They love direct links to emails.
I know that, but that's not the point, now is it?

I need this for my job board, where users will also be posting their full addresses, phone numbers, etc.

None of this will be visible except to people that subscribe to my site. It's for MyJobBoard, which you can read about in my sig.
Someone please!
Someone please! I really need this plugin!