MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Annoying bug..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, maybe this has already been posted, but for me when I browse my myBB forum and I read a topic, and when I go to the index, it still says unread.. :s it's really annoying, anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks,
Xaar.
I have been waiting for this one Toungue it's realy anoying me 2 i click on it then go back to the main forum agen... twiceToungue
Hmm, It seems like nobody fixed this yet, or..?

Thanks,
Xaar.
I guess this is not a bug, but still annoying. Would really like to see a fix ir mod.
There isn't a fix. See, the new sessions code can work one way with a bug or two, or another way with a bug or two (bugs relating to thread marking). Acording to Chris, the only way to fix it would be to implment a thread marking system (which IMO might take up a lot of DB space).
Actually k776 you're a bit wrong there.

* It has nothing to do with the new sessions code

* We have a thread marking system. It uses the database.

The solution to this (marking a forum read if you simply read the only thread in that forum that is new without visiting forumdisplay.php after you read it) is quite complex and something we'll be working on in 1.1 - a true persistant marking system.
Good to hear Smile