MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prevent Access to Members List and Forum Team by Guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[I did search the Forum and Wiki re: this subject.]

We need our forum to be as private as possible. I've been able to set it up correctly to prevent Guests from viewing threads, posts, etc. but they can still access the Member List and Forum Team from the index page:

http://myccforum.com/index.php

Is there a way to prevent Guest access to those lists?

Thank you,

Mark

P.S. If the answer is different for version 1.4.1 please let me know as we will be upgrading to the latest version in the next couple of days.
Member List:

ACP -> Usergroup Management -> Edit Usergroup -> *edit Guest* -> Permissions: Misc -> Can View Memberlist -> *set to NO*

I am not sure for the Forum Team one...
(2008-09-01, 03:31 AM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure for the Forum Team one...

I don't think there is one - you'll have to alter each usergroup manually to make sure the "Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page" is unchecked, and the forum team will be blank

(Not tested, but should work)
(2008-09-01, 03:31 AM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]Member List:

ACP -> Usergroup Management -> Edit Usergroup -> *edit Guest* -> Permissions: Misc -> Can View Memberlist -> *set to NO*

I am not sure for the Forum Team one...

I apologize for the delay in responding.

Your advice was spot on!

Thank you very much,

Mark

(2008-09-01, 09:26 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is one - you'll have to alter each usergroup manually to make sure the "Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page" is unchecked, and the forum team will be blank

(Not tested, but should work)

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.

Your suggestion worked like a charm!

Thank you so much,

Mark