MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Last 10 Active topics on Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys,

I have tried searching for this mod all over the place but have not found it yet. So I was wondering if something like this exists for mybb.

Basically its function is to list the lastest active topics on the index page and it should be adjustable as to how many topics you want to have displayed. I know the overview mod does something similar to this but it doesnt show what date and time the posts were made and it doesnt have an image indicator for new posts

Here is an example of what i am talking about http://dwforums.net

Is there a "Last Active Topics" Mod for mybb if not is it possible to develop one?
That sounds like a reasonable plugin I can do. I could probably get it done in about a hour or so tomorrow. A bit tired tonight, so I can't really do it.
Oh wow, would be great to see what you can come up with, I find this a really handy feature..
Does anyone have any ideas as to how this mod can be implemented for mybb?
Pretty cool mod I would like to see too
Would something like what's below the navigation on my Anime Club's site work? Its currently not in plugin form really, but it would be a fairly simple conversion I believe.
(2008-09-08, 08:16 AM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]Would something like what's below the navigation on my Anime Club's site work? Its currently not in plugin form really, but it would be a fairly simple conversion I believe.

hmm i guess the "Latest Posts" box on the side of that site is what im talking about but on the index of the forum and going across the page rather than a small box.
If you have the side boxes plugin, go to your Index template, and put {$sb_latestthreads} straight before {$forums} and see how that looks.
(2008-09-08, 09:59 PM)Nav Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-08, 08:16 AM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]Would something like what's below the navigation on my Anime Club's site work? Its currently not in plugin form really, but it would be a fairly simple conversion I believe.

hmm i guess the "Latest Posts" box on the side of that site is what im talking about but on the index of the forum and going across the page rather than a small box.

Yeah, that's just a template change, I was mainly referring to the functionality Toungue

I'll see what I can do about getting it into a plugin sometime in the next few days.
yeh functionality wise its pretty good, the only thing thats missing i think is the new post image. So an image which changes colour when there is a new post in the thread
Pages: 1 2 3