MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Impossible to upgrade to 1.4.X - SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,
My current version of myBB is 1.2.14. I cannot upgrade to the last 1.4.X release. I tried before to 1.4.0 and today to 1.4.1 and still have the same SQL error message:

Fatal error: [SQL] [1170] BLOB column 'permissions' used in key specification without a key length
ALTER TABLE mybb_adminoptions CHANGE permsset permissions TEXT NOT NULL in (...)/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 544

Before this error, I had also another one saying that there were too many indexes in the users table. I have succeeded to solve it by removing all indexes.
Unfortunately, I do not succeed in solving the Fatal error above. Can someone help me please?

Thank you very much in advance
Best regards
Hi,

Have you altered the table mybb_adminoptions at all, such as changing any of the indexes?

Could you open database management such as phpMyAdmin navigate to your database and click on the "mybb_adminoptions" table and tell me what it says under the heading "Indexes:"?

Thanks,
Chris.
Dear Chris,

First of all, thank you very much for replying to quickly.

I have not modified the table mybb_adminoptions. I attach to this post a screenshot of the indexes. Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,
Hi,

I believe there should only be one there, the top one:

PRIMARY  	 PRIMARY  	 2   	 Edit   	 Drop   	 uid

Could you try deleting the others below the "PRIMARY" by using the "X" button under the "Action" column and then try upgrading again?

Chris.
Hi Chris,

I have followed your advise and the upgrade process has passed the previous step. Thanks a lot!
Only one new error has appeared afterwards (during the upgrade):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in (...)/forum/install/resources/upgrade12.php on line 1904
Your themes have successfully been converted to the new theme system.
Click next to continue with the upgrade process.

However, I have been able to continue. The problem now (maybe linked to the error message above) is that the stars for the notes are not displayed (see my forum here).
Second problem is about the encoding. As you can see, all the special French characters (é, è, à, etc.) are not displayed: they are replace by a "?".
So far, I have always solved this issue by modifying the encoding in the php language file to "iso-8859-1". When the version 1.4.1, when I do that, the dynamic texts (forum title and description, post titles, etc.) are correctly displayed but this is the text from the translations which is not correctly displayed. See here attached. How can I have both the French translation and forums/posts text correctly displayed?

Again thank you very much,
I found a fix for the stars issue in this post and it worked for me.
I am still looking for a fix for the special characters issue.

EDIT : characters bug fixed. Here is how I proceed: I have export all the myBB tables in a SQL files. I have emptied them. From the phpmyadmin home page, I have switch the language to "French (utf-8)" instead of "French (iso-...) - I have not sure if this step is really useful. Finally, I have re-injected the threads in the table using the SQL tab (by pasting the content of the SQL file exported). Important: do not use the import tab!

Hope this will help other persons Smile