MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: If you could change the name of MYBB what would you change it to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you could change the name of MYBB what would you change it to?

I think MYBB sounds a bit patronising and childish (no offence to chris or musical midget because MYBB is the best fourum software out.
I just think it sounds like a kids thing like "My first dictionary or my first book" its not a big problem but if you could what would you change mybb to.
Well, MyBB's full name is MyBulletinBoard, but as you have seen, its been shortend for qiucker writing. Its also known as MyBBoard (as shown in the url)
Well, it's a perfect name

MyBB is easy-install, easy-to-use, almost easy everything and with all-friendly features and the helpful community. Therefore, I don't think there are any other names that's more suitable.
If mybb had the word first in the name (my first bb) then it would sound childish. However mybb sounds about as childish as My Documents.
Anything else would make it sound way more patronising, in my opinion.
Ok just me then. I think PowerBB would be a pretty cool name for it.
BIG_BOSS Wrote:Ok just me then. I think PowerBB would be a pretty cool name for it.

Sounds a little bit like Power Rangers Wink. I don't hava anything against the name, as long as it works it is fine Smile
I'd call it xBB, or Extreme Bulletin Board.
i think MyBB is a good name.....
BBB for Best Bulletin Board Wink

If you're talking to someone and say "Yeah I use MyBB" (in real life say it out loud), to people who don't know MyBB, it sounds like a totally different thing because it sounds like "Yeah I use my BB." But other than that, I think it's a fine name Smile
Pages: 1 2