MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: quick theme question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any way that i can put the quick theme onto the footer somewhere.. or next to the forum statistics link?
I have the same question as well.

Been searching the forums for a few days, and don't seem to see it referenced anywhere.
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/quick-them...ned-for-14

We are talking about that mod right? Because it already puts it by the footer. In less I'm miss understanding something.
(2008-09-08, 11:56 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybboard.net/view/quick-them...ned-for-14

We are talking about that mod right? Because it already puts it by the footer. In less I'm miss understanding something.

Thank you very much for that.

Actually when I posted that my question was more generic because I didn't even know the plugin existed at the time. I was just looking for some way to take the code from the UserCP, and just put it in the footer template. Did all sorts of searches for theme picker, chooser, style picker, chooser, etc.. Didn't think to look for quick theme...hahaha

But the one I did find at first was not compatible with 1.4.1, so I moved on to some other things, till I just checked here, and found this link you posted. Thanks again...that one of course did the trick. I can now put it anywhere I want so the positioning isn't a problem at least for me.

This does lead me to the downloads area here, and the real lack of version compatibility info there is on the download listing pages here.

There should be a field or two which allow uploaders to include version compatibility info, and have it be a required field for any uploader. That way one would be able to in a glance look at the list of downloads and see what is compatible with their version of MyBB. Having this field will also serve to make it very easy to search for just versions that are compatible. That info should also be repeated on the description page for the download as well, just so that the user can make sure they are getting the right version, right before they click to download.

This simple step would probably reduce the number of threads that are created in support by at least 10% if not a bunch more.

If you guys need any further help with the project as well, please let me know. I'm no seasoned programmer, but I can read and understand just about any code, and have lots of experience with lots of different forums, and managing large groups of "interesting" users. Don't have loads of free time but would be willing to help where I could. Just let me know.

Once again thanks for the quick reply on this one.
Well all the mods you see in the mods section of the site are for 1.4.x. In less you go into the archives those are for older versions Toungue.
Yes I realize that, but that's not readily obvious unless you read the paragraph up above.

And if you want to utilize any of the searches, like Most Downloaded or anything like that, you kind of have to cross your fingers and hope you are getting a compatible version. I've now gotten quite used to finding the right stuff here pretty quickly, and determining stuff that is just not quite ready. But that info is not readily obvious to anyone coming here for the first time.

Once again the vast majority of the Support threads I'm reading could at least be partially, solved by having better info in the downloads section, about what it was one was actually downloading. Some of the users name their mods very well and even include version info in the name or description, but many do not, and many of the names are of quite questionable description.

Just saying there should be some mandatory fields that Mod uploaders should have to fill out, which provide version compatibility info, description, What it adds, AdminCP modules, etc... Info like that, which would then also be perused over by a Mod, to check for accuracy before it's posted.

Just seems like a pretty simple step that could help progress this project forward so much faster.

Just a thought...I'm done sermonizing now... Wink