MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved forum to subdomain. Now having trouble with login and inaccurate "new post"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed MyBB in a folder under my main domain - www.maplefantasia.com/forum/

Then my silly butt decided to want to make that into a subdomain and I did - www.forum.maplefantasia.com

Well, all seems okay (other than the redirect) but after playing around for a few hours, I noticed the login doesn't work. I changed the cookie setting and it started working but only on FireFox. I tried logging in on Internet Explorer 7 and I couldn't log in - it says I'm login and I can view other member's profile but it says "Welcome Guest" on the top. Huh Now back on FireFox, I noticed the new posts notice doesn't get recorded correctly - like I'd visit the post and it would still say that forum has new posts. Huh

The redirecting is not working so smoothly either. I wanted to redirect www.maplefantasia.com/forum/ to www.forum.maplefantasia.com/ and from non-www to www. For some reason, I can only do one of the two. Like, I can do either one, but if I get one to work, the other one won't work.

Is there any ways to fix all of that? Undecided Or, should I just uninstall and reinstall MyBB? If reinstallation is required, how can I back up the posts?
You need to change your cookies setting in the ACP.
I think I already did...unless I did it wrong... Undecided

[Image: 6fpd83.jpg]