MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 Custom titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Good point. Check Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > User Registration and Profile Options > Custom User Title Maximum Length, is high enough (for eg, 40)
That option isn't there for me.
Well that would be the cause of all your problem (plus many more). Run this, it will fix it:
http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=1180

and try usertitles again Wink
No change at all.

The fix-settings.php ran fine, but I still don't see the option in AdminCP and it still says user title too long.

[edit] User Registration and Profile Options (18 Settings)

Should there be 18 settings?
No solution I guess. Sad
I've also noticed, I'm not able to put images in signatures. I get this message: Too Many Images
We are sorry, but we cannot update your signature because it contains too many images. Please remove some images from your signature to continue.
Note: The maximum amount of images for signatures is 0.

And my max avatar height/width doesn't work.

I REALLY don't want to completely wipe my board and start over.
Its because not all of the settings inserted when you installed/upgraded the board. fix-settings.php should have worked. I dont know whats wrong Sad
What would happen if I uploaded the install directory and tried to install it again? Would it wipe the database?

Also, the fix-settings.php is supposed to be in the main forum directory, correct?

Thanks for your help!

[edit] I looked in fix-settings.php and I see nothing about custom user title length. Is the fix-settings.php up to date?

[edit again] I see the MySQL value in /install/resources/mysql_db_inserts.php:

$inserts[] = "INSERT INTO mybb_settings (sid, name, title, description, optionscode, value, disporder, gid) VALUES (116, 'customtitlemaxlength', 'Custom User Title Maximum Length', 'Maximum length a user can enter for the custom user title.', 'text', '40', 1, 19);";

It's not in fix-settings.php though.

?
lol. The settings should have inserted into the DB fine. I meant they didn't insert into settings.php (which I believe is the primary place where its gets the settings, not the DB Toungue). fix-settings.php should have updated it properly but obviously it didn't. Looks like Chris missed some settings then Toungue
Hopefully there will be an updated fix-settings.php Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4