MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sorry about this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday I asked about my registration issue. I accidently deleted the thread. Anyhow, has anyone figured this out??? On the site, when you try to register with IE7, it says "Passwords Must Match". Now several people here were able to register. Were you guys using IE? It is not the 6 or mor character issue, i tried it. Could it be an IE setting?? I have a bunch of autistic kids and parents of autistic kids trying to sign up and it is getting nuts. Please let me know. I am guessing it has to be an IE issue being that I can register from Opera. Any help would be great. Thanks!
This is a known bug with myBB 1.4 - check the Bugs forum and check the threads there.

As far as the bug is concerned, it has been fixed - but won't be available until 1.4.2 comes out...
(2008-09-02, 08:00 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]but won't be available until 1.4.2 comes out...

Which might be at around...? Angel

Any features making to it that were missed on 1.4.0?
I heard it is a bug, but why would it work on opera and not IE?? I think I originally did my son's from my computer (which is IE). Several guys from the site registered yesterday. Could they all have been using something other than IE? Ugh
What I just noticed is on IE7, when you type in the first side of the password, nothing happens, then the second side gives you the match error.

On Opera, after you type in the first side, it lights up green, and the second side does the same.
(2008-09-02, 08:14 PM)Ultron Wrote: [ -> ]Which might be at around...? Angel

Lol... they could do with releasing it soon - there's been more than 60 bugs fixed since 1.4.1 was released...

The problem is IE is mixing up the registration password textfields with myBB's login fields. For example, the first password field is the ajax-style login box password field - as WDZ found.

WDZ also found the problem: in Opera 9.5 they removed an IE compatibility that mixed name and id attributes, so that's why Opera works and IE doesn't. Basically, IE sucks.
(2008-09-02, 08:14 PM)Ultron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-02, 08:00 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]but won't be available until 1.4.2 comes out...

Which might be at around...? Angel

As is always said, updates will be ready when they are ready.
(2008-09-02, 08:30 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol... they could do with releasing it soon - there's been more than 60 bugs fixed since 1.4.1 was released...

The problem is IE is mixing up the registration password textfields with myBB's login fields. For example, the first password field is the ajax-style login box password field - as WDZ found.

WDZ also found the problem: in Opera 9.5 they removed an IE compatibility that mixed name and id attributes, so that's why Opera works and IE doesn't. Basically, IE sucks.

So everyone who has 1.4 has to use Opera (or their guests) to register (Or do it through the ACP)???????????????????
IE is generally rubbish... Opera seems to be the best (only problem is I can access other people's ACPs when they've asked me for help, but I can't access my own ACP on Opera Toungue)
(2008-09-02, 09:20 PM)cam2301 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-02, 08:30 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]

So everyone who has 1.4 has to use Opera (or their guests) to register (Or do it through the ACP)???????????????????

Ouch. Please tell me that at least Firefox is working?
I know that opera works. Just go to the register page. If the first side lights up green, you are set Smile
Pages: 1 2