MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Akismet doesnt work 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got my key code, then activated the akismet spam guard,,,
next , it left a the word spam and a red x next to where the icon button for edit , for the posts on the replies area, and it created a unapproved number that wont disappear from my number of posts or replies on the main page, they wont disappear and dont know how to get rid of the unapproved number.
and the akismet i dont think should replace the edit button of make an error on the board or leave a red x all over the post reply ...
dont understand why and what is happening? or how to fix this?
Quote:and the akismet i dont think should replace the edit button of make an error on the board or leave a red x all over the post reply ...
dont understand why and what is happening? or how to fix this?
Don't understand what you mean...
The red cross image will be because you are using a custom theme and have no spam button in that theme directory.

As for the numbers, that means posts/threads are awaiting approval.
(2008-09-03, 06:09 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]The red cross image will be because you are using a custom theme and have no spam button in that theme directory.

As for the numbers, that means posts/threads are awaiting approval.
thanks , I am glad to find out what was going on, is there any way to add a spam button? and get akismet to work as it should?
also , i am using afresh themes by Justin.
As for the approval awaiting is there a place that i can get them to disappear.
Yeah I use those themes too, if you find the standard button and copy it to the theme directory it should show. As for the numbers, check the mod cp and if they're not there, run a recount and rebuild in the ACP.
Small world, Smile
Thanks again Matt, on running the recount and rebuild i will look for that is it in the tools and maintenance tab?
It is indeed... you may as well recount the first 4 to make sure everything is up-to-date, and that should sort out the numbers on the index.
kool did that, it took a hour or two to take effect, maybe due to my serves, but it worked , no more unapproved numbers showing up or appearing on the threads...
what about the numbers for the most online at one time?
i lost over half my members and the true numbers awhile back when i didnt back up my database when my board got corrupted by a non compatible plug in.

I want to change the number back or get the thing to work, i dont know how to get it to work for the most users online at one time.

Thanks for your Help !
i like that group legend on your site and the colors for the fonts there, looks good! is that a plug in thing or did you activate the group legend somewhere? and change the font colors?
Well doing the recounting makes it show the true amounts at that time, so I dunno if it can be changed back.
the recounting also makes the most users online work too or show the true amount? or are we talking about something else sorry i did what you said and fixed the first thing... thanks

Hey Matt you know Zaher 1988?
i had his easy adv banner and want to make it work for 1.4 my site hasnt been the same without it, i need this plug in to work for my site again. not for redistribution, if you know how or anyone that can help pm me.
Pages: 1 2