MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML in Custom Titles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make HTML work in custom titles?
Any ideas?
Personally I wouldn't suggest this, as this opens up the door to exploits.

Is this only for one member? If so, you could try editing the database directly.
Yeah, it's for specific users, I have custom titles disabled except if admins/mods do them to users.
Yeah, you can try adding the HTML via something like phpMyAdmin. Does that help?
Well, I also browser another MyBB forum that has custom html titles, but almost every user has them, so there must be an easier way to do it, unless the admin did them all through sql
Are you sure it's HTML? I have a modification to allow custom formatting, but it's limited (not HTML). Yes, it's possible for a modification to do it. MyBB doesn't allow this by default.
What kind of modification can you do with the plugin?
It's a module for MyPlaza (only available for MyBB 1.2). What a user can customise is defined by the admins.

Moved to Requests - hopefully someone will be able to make this modification for you.
This is how I allow html in user titles. Keep in mind that I only allow admins to change titles.

Open inc/datahandlers/user.php

Find:
"usertitle" => $db->escape_string(htmlspecialchars_uni($user['usertitle'])), 

Replace with:
"usertitle" => $db->escape_string($user['usertitle']), 

Find:
$this->user_update_data['usertitle'] = $db->escape_string(htmlspecialchars_uni($user['usertitle']));

Replace with:
$this->user_update_data['usertitle'] = $db->escape_string($user['usertitle']);