MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: won't accept my login at the upgrade screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after so many problems upgrading the first time, I started over and on a new server/host because it's time to dump the old host anyway.

I moved the 1.2.14 forum over, with apparently nothing wrong.

I uploaded all the 1.4 files, except the settings.php file, per instructions.

After deleting the 'lock' file, I can't get past the login screen at the install/upgrade.php screen. It won't accept my login information from the old forum.

I haven't changed my admin username or password recently. I can even go back to the forum on the old server and get in with the same info that I've always keyed in.

What could I be missing? Or how can I change it from via ftp or phpmysql? What file am I not thinking of? I checked the inc/settings.php and the inc/config.php

I even tried lowering my browser cookies settings, but no success.
If you installed a backup you use the login details your usual admin account had.
Hi,

Are you running 1.4.1? There were a few issues that were fixed with it in 1.4.1.

Ryan
I had the same problem but while still in my browser i simply cleared my cookies etc. However I was still on the same host.
Anyway it let me login after that Smile

However since the upgrade has been done I can no longer login to the forum again. I enter my username and password hit enter and I just end up at a white screen
Seems to get stuck on member.php
However i can login to the admin panel no problem?
the administrator account must be a default one to work.................
Try just uploading all the install files again.