MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donating to MyBB - Help Secure the Future of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st of all Please understand that I am really thankful and grateful for MyBB team for all the work.
2nd Please do not think that I do mean any off sense or anything a like.
3rd I've moved from paid software to MyBB and like it a lot.
But when I read the thread with the above title for Chris I've just want to post his question and ask this question:
Is this an early phase for what happened with IPB, I mean that I've asked more then once in several threads regarding if MyBB may goes into paid forum software or not, and several people including staff confirmed that it won't happened. So when I read the thread mentioned above I've just remembered the scenario for what happened with IPB.
So please let me ask am I right or wrong for what I thought about.
Thanks a lot and I hope that you do understand my point.
Thanks
This is just a simple donation. MyBB isn't going paid.
We're not forcing you to pay, we're just seeking assistance to help cover the hefty costs of hiring an external auditor. We give up our time for free, however, giving up time and money... there's only so much we can do.
(2008-09-04, 02:41 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]This is just a simple donation. MyBB isn't going paid.
We're not forcing you to pay, we're just seeking assistance to help cover the hefty costs of hiring an external auditor. We give up our time for free, however, giving up time and money... there's only so much we can do.
Thanks a lot for replying my friend ... I understand and it makes sense regarding the optional donations, and I was just inquiring about this issue because I've suffered before with IPB because I've spent time and worked a lot into my board and had to start from scratch all over againw hen I switched to MyBB because there wasn't any converter yet.
So I hope that you do understand my point.
MyBB will always be free
(2008-09-04, 03:07 PM)destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB will always be free
This is one of the confirmation I've got before Big Grin
Thanks guys
i guess smf is going paid because they allow donations and prenuim support. also a lot of other free products. Toungue Wink
I think your question has been answered.
As the announcement said, Chris got a third-party company to audit the MyBB code for bugs and security exploits. This costs a lot of money, and we are hoping some donations will subsidize this tremendous cost. That is all and nothing more.