MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No more forums :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got to say, it was easier to get my MyBB sites back up than my single vBulletin one.. the vb one is still f'ed up... man i wish i didn't even buy that stupid thing lol
(2008-09-05, 04:30 AM)kruzzen Wrote: [ -> ]I got to say, it was easier to get my MyBB sites back up than my single vBulletin one.. the vb one is still f'ed up... man i wish i didn't even buy that stupid thing lol

Spread the message brotha!

And I should write a psycho detailed instruction on how to avoid getting hacked.
I am totally revamping my security dept and policies. I found the source, it was from the hotscripts clone turnkey site in the upload files area. I have it detained from public access for evidence purposes. According to recent error logs from various content on my sites, he is trying to use my old password but is failing.

This has been a challenge I tell you what!
Hehe, uploading is typically a weak spot of many scripts that accept uploads. Can be tricky to implement correctly, and if not implemented correctly, can be a big security hole.
Yeah. I emailed the company I bought if from and they said the script was very secure but I needed to buy a dedicated server to ensure the security of it. Then he gave me a link to one. So I searched it and seen where he gave links to all sorts of people using his email and nickname... so he is just trying to make money. I have some very colorful words to call him right now but I fear MyBB will ban me if I do LOL!!!
Pages: 1 2