MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems upgrading from 1.2.13 to 1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have about 5 forums, and have tried to do the 1.2.13 upgrade to 1.4.1 on a forum that was hardly used. I instantly noticed that everything worked fine, except the theme was completely messed up. I left it alone, and reverted everything back to 1.2.13, and all works fine.

I decided to try again, this time on my #1 forum. I created a backup, created a subdomain, and created a complete dev environment. I figured I would try on this server first, to make sure everything went smooth. Here are some problems I ran into, on both the original site, and also on the new dev server.

Problem #1
I set it to classic layout in Showthread. It says it worked, but it didn't. Nothing changed. it's still the same horizontal layout. I reverted to the original template... same thing.

Problem #2
In Showforum, I reverted to original template, and the rating field, shows nothing but numbers:

"0 Votes - 0 out of 5 in Average 1
5"

No stars, nothing. Shows this for every forum.

Problem #3
Same problem as above on the showthread. Top right shows the ratings in a very strange format as above.

Problem #4
Javascript error on all pages:
Line 3977
Char: 2
Error: 'use_xmlhttprequest' is undefined
Code: 0

Any ideas?
It's a common problem and it seems the only way to fix it is by deleting all the templates and importing a new one from the install folder. I think the master template is somehow broken on the update. I haven't looked deeper into it yet as I have only upgraded one forum to 1.4x.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this will be fixed in 1.4.2?

Do you know when the 1.4.2 release is scheduled for?

Thanks
(2008-09-05, 04:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's a common problem and it seems the only way to fix it is by deleting all the templates and importing a new one from the install folder. I think the master template is somehow broken on the update. I haven't looked deeper into it yet as I have only upgraded one forum to 1.4x.

I just tired your suggestion, and it did not fix the problem.
Just a note....

I also tried to go back to a completely original theme and template set, went to upgrade to 1.4.1, and everything worked perfect, except for the errors above.
45 views and only one person helped? C'mon guys... no one?