MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum which does not allow guests to view viewable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason I made a forum within a category called "Development" and disabled the viewing of it to guests, members, and banned members. For some reason, though, Guests are able to view that forum in Index view, but when you go inside the forum it returns an error.

Here is my forum: http://aizen.the-aria.org/board/
First "Development" is not a category its acting as a forum.

rest i cant go in see the threads in "Development" as a guest.
so for me working normally.
That's what I said; it's a forum within a category.

You can't see the threads, but you can see the latest thread's post. I don't want Guests to even see that forum in Index view; MyBB doesn't show the Dev's forum in Index view, do they?
no it shouldn't displayed on the index.the forum name even is hidden from the guest.
You must change the permissions of the category and the sub forums to the same.
Does that mean that this is a bug then?
... no, you just have to change the permissions of the category and the forums.

Confused
Yes... but the Category must be seen for announcements, but at the same time have a forum to discuss development stuff for moderators only. I do not want users to see this forum's latest topic.
My private forums are disappearing from guests just fine (without having to keep them from viewing a category). You may want to check your advanced permissions (to the right of each group, there's a link for "Edit Permissions") and see if something in there is inadvertantly checked.

Barring that, I'm not sure what to tell you except try setting it visible, saving, then setting it invisible and saving again to make sure that permissions change was committed to the database correctly.
[attachment=10929]
Is my settings.

I toggled it and saved it about 5 times. Same result.
Pages: 1 2