MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: daily/weekly digest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone else like a plugin which would send members of the community an e-mail which would contain popular threads/topics and important information?

I think it would help encourage posting and activity, aswell as keeping members in the know.

If someone's able to make it and believes it worth it, then I for one would love it. ~Joey
2nd. Would be awesome.
Similar to vBulletin. Sounds good.
Quote:I think it would help encourage posting and activity, aswell as keeping members in the know.

I'd think it'd do just the opposite, it would stop members from visiting the forum and I certainly don't understand how it would encourage posting.

Also, there are subscription features available for post threads.
Lufbra-

You are only looking at it from your own application needs. Some people such as my group have transferred from Yahoo Groups and Google Groups to a forum setup. In these former groups, there were options to receive daily or monthly digests. For people who don't understand how to use RSS, or who don't know how to subscribe to each forum, this is the perfect remedy to keep them in the know.

This is just one reason that this feature would be a great benefit. Not everyone on the Internet is as completely net savvy as you or I.
I am in the same boat - my user base all from Yahoo groups, most not IT literate, and most are loosing interest due to lack of digest feature. Would really be grateful to anyone who can help!