MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Quick Thread and PM Quick Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for an exclusive modification to my website, I don't know whether the creator would mind keeping it private/exclusive etc....

I am looking for a Quick Thread modification for Mybb 1.4.x that will add a new thread box on the page where the threads are shown and subforums as well. I would like it to preferably be Ajax enabled. Size is important, probably the size of the quick reply box except with a box to add a thread title.

This will allow users to quickly create a thread seamlessly, without having to load the New Thread page or wait for it to load.

I am also looking for Private Message quick reply plugin/modification, Ajax enabled if needed.

I will be grateful to whoever can create these for me and I'd be willing to pay some money via paypal when I got the money to if you'll accept donations just to keep the modification private and exclusive to my forum.

Thank You.
That's pretty selfish of you to immediately request it be kept exclusively to your forum. I would understand if you first requested it and someone offered to do it for money if you would want to keep it exclusive ... but why do you not want people to be able to have these features? It sort of goes against the nature of MyBB, doesn't it?
If I am willing to offer money for it, I see nothing selfish about it. Are the forums who have exclusive themes considered selfish as well?

Every site needs something exclusive whether it be modifications, content or something else. However someone else is welcome to make a similar mod and release it.

Anyways it's up to whoever decides to make it if they want it to be released to the public, but I won't throw any money away on it then since it won't really be an exclusive modification for my Mybb based website.

I know nothing about coding or PHP which is why I need someone else to create it, if it were me creating it, then there would be more of a chance of it not seeing a public release unless I decided to release it later on.

The Mybb license only applies to the forum software itself, there is nothing stating the plugins fall under the same license or have to remain free, even other free forum software have premium or paid modifications.

There is nothing really selfish with me wanting an exclusive modification, just like there isn't with other sites using exclusive non-public themes and modifications.
Anyone willing to make this modification?
So I guess this means I won't ever get any requests filled......Dodgy
That seems like a cool plugin idea. I would use this.
Nevermind what I said about the exclusive part, if whoever decides to make it wants it public, that decision will be up to them.
Just wondering if anyone is interested in creating these at all, I would appreciate any additional responses.Big Grin
What do you want, folks posting saying they aren't interested?

If anyone was interested, surely they'd have posted here already saying so......This wouldn't be the only post thread without any "positive" responce!
Not all threads are noticed or read by everyone, so my reply was to bump it up more or less. Due to the sheer amount of replies this section sometimes gets, a thread could be bumped down and not seen by others who might be interested in this...