MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB and CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that MyBB needs a CMS integration.
The Joomla integration is work in progress, but only with Joomla??

I think CMS integrations are most important things at this moment.
MyBB is very great now, but it needs CMS integrations to expand its users.Rolleyes

What do you think about?
Hello , have you tried MKPortal ? actually isnt not officially compatible with mybb 1.4 yet , but with my modifications it will be ...
Are you italian?
Yes, but I don't like it (MkPortal)! Wink
yes i'm italian , what you dont like in mkportal ?
It's not up to the MyBB staff to make bridges. It's up to either the CMS community or the MyBB community.
(2008-09-06, 03:54 PM)Kimi Wrote: [ -> ]yes i'm italian , what you dont like in mkportal ?
Anche io! Toungue
Ho visto la tua modifica, solo che MkPortal è un pò troppo semplice. Vorrei qualcosa di più professionale, anche se al momento mi sembra l'unica soluzione! Wink
Grazie!

(2008-09-06, 04:03 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It's not up to the MyBB staff to make bridges. It's up to either the CMS community or the MyBB community.
You're right! Wink
But I don't know any type of language to do a bridge!
Well its mainly just editing the CMS's User Tables so that MyBB's user tables are the same. That and the cookie sessions are the same and not seperate. Thats all it is. BTW bridges are written in PHP and sometimes MySQL.
(2008-09-06, 10:10 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Well its mainly just editing the CMS's User Tables so that MyBB's user tables are the same. That and the cookie sessions are the same and not seperate. Thats all it is. BTW bridges are written in PHP and sometimes MySQL.

When you think about it it's actually shocking that there isn't one. I believe way more complex plugins have been written, that what a bridge would require.

At any rate, i think other Board software devs actually made one or two bridges, and it's funny but when you provide a bridge to the first one, usually their competitors find new stimulation to come up with bridges after, it's human nature.

It is extremely likely that absence of at least one bridge is causing diminished uptake in use, so it's definitely a worthy feature to go over the usual pathway of waiting for the community.
Or at least provide hooks so a plugin could populate the user information. Suck a hook would need access to the plain-text password.
(2008-09-12, 09:06 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Or at least provide hooks so a plugin could populate the user information. Suck a hook would need access to the plain-text password.

There is not such thing as a plain-text password unless it's coming from the login/registration form, and in that case then yes; There are plugin hooks that allow you to hook into those.