MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .:: convert html codes to bbcodes ::.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi dudes
as we know in VBulletin editor posts some html codes and a system converts them to bbcode and again when someone whants to edit posts the system converts bbcodes to html
because editor just works with html
so how can i do some thing like that?
i mean when i installed an editor like tinemce and send a code like:
<strong>(.*?)</strong>
a script automatically convert this to
[ b]$1[ /b]
if you give me an example i will do that for every codes
thanks in advance for your help
no one can help me?
what a powerfool support..... :-(
So basically what you're looking to do is use TinyMCE as your editor for your posts? I can't give an example off the top of my head, but I'm currently working on this for another site and have no problems sharing the code once I'm done.

Fwiw though, take a look at the bbcodes plugin for TinyMCE (included with it), that's what I'm using as a starting point and just adding onto it from there. Biggest problems I've run into thus far is nested quotes don't seem to work out too well, and linebreaks gave me a few issues.
(2008-09-11, 09:04 AM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]So basically what you're looking to do is use TinyMCE as your editor for your posts? I can't give an example off the top of my head, but I'm currently working on this for another site and have no problems sharing the code once I'm done.

Fwiw though, take a look at the bbcodes plugin for TinyMCE (included with it), that's what I'm using as a starting point and just adding onto it from there. Biggest problems I've run into thus far is nested quotes don't seem to work out too well, and linebreaks gave me a few issues.
no i'm not using TinyMCE
i'm using another one
you know using html codes is dangerous so i want to know is there any way to convert html codes after posting to bbcodes
you mean your tinymce is integerated with all codes?
It will be, currently it only supports about 25 or so of what I have available, but by the time I'm finished it will work as a WYSIWYG editor for bbcode.
(2008-09-11, 07:39 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]It will be, currently it only supports about 25 or so of what I have available, but by the time I'm finished it will work as a WYSIWYG editor for bbcode.
can i have this editor?
Just disable html why would you want that just don't allow people use html.
(2008-09-12, 10:22 AM)x X x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-11, 07:39 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]It will be, currently it only supports about 25 or so of what I have available, but by the time I'm finished it will work as a WYSIWYG editor for bbcode.
can i have this editor?

Once I'm finished with it I'll hand it out, but I don't expect to get it completely finished for a few more weeks.

(2008-09-12, 09:08 PM)Mmarzex Wrote: [ -> ]Just disable html why would you want that just don't allow people use html.

(I think) What he's wanting is a WYSIWYG editor that works for bbcode, problem is that all WYSIWYG editors that you can get work with HTML but they can change to bbcode before you save the post if you tell them which bbcode to swap out for each HTML tag.
You do know this is a request. Requests aren't support. Support people will try to fix fast. Requests are started when people feel like making the plug in.
Pages: 1 2