MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Age related forum access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ability to lock a forum section depending on the members age.

I guess this would rely on the member having their age in their profile for this to work, or could a plugin be created that asks for date of birth or age prior to opening a predetermined section.

I want this for a forum im planning that's going to have a XXX section I just want some kind of control of who accesses it.

Don't know if it's possible or not.... just an idea.
Considering you can change your birth date at any time, I don't see this being incredibly effective.
A user can lie at anytime but as long as he asks and it's on record, he's covered from a legal liability standpoint.

As for the plugin, I think there is a plugin out there (maybe for 1.2) that changes a usergroup based on a custom profile field, you can add a profile field for age and create a usergroup for adults and impliment this plugin (if it's still available or works on 1.4).
(2008-09-08, 12:15 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]A user can lie at anytime but as long as he asks and it's on record, he's covered from a legal liability standpoint.

Yep exactly what i meant, as long as THEY are the one's making the conscious decision accessing that particular section, it also ensures they don't stumble across it blindly.

Gamespot and Ign have a system that wont play a video until you input your age, this is what i was thinking for a plugin.