MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hide everything (except for "login" and "register") from Guests and Awaiting Reg.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

is there a way to hide everything, i.e. also "Search", "Member List", and "Board Statistics" from Guests and Awaiting Registration? (without completely deactivating these features though)

Only "login" and "register" should be possible.

Thank you in advance.
In the user group settings, I think if you say they can't view the board you'll get what you want.

But how do you expect anyone to register if they can't even see what the board is about or see any posts??
Thank you very much, Matt, that helped me.

(2008-09-07, 08:12 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]But how do you expect anyone to register if they can't even see what the board is about or see any posts??
The forum is not open to the general public, it's just meant for a specific group. Smile
Oh you mean like a sub forum??
Why not just hide it from view??
No, the entire forum should be a "private forum," and be closed to the public.
So again I ask, how will anyone know what they're joining?? I'm confused Confused
It's for a group of people in my town who know each other in person, to organize get-togethers and the like. Smile
Ahh I see, quite a good idea... well if you make guests not able to view the board... they won't see the forums, and it you set it so that they can't search, see the member list, see who's online, all that, guests will see the links but will get a no permissions page when they click them.

Or, you could have one theme for guests, and edit the templates, removing all that you don't want them to see, and then have another theme for members with everything there.