MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Random event plugin request. (PAID)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's an overview of the plugin:
When a user does anything on the forum (post, edit, search, view, etc. EXCEPT in the Admin/Mod/User CP) they will encounter a random event in the form of a webpage (instead of the friendly redirect page) and the page will be configurable via templates or some other means. On the page will be a simple form (1 question, multiple answers) and once the form is answered they will be sent back to the page they were originally being directed to. The form will contain 1 correct answer which will be recorded in the database and can be displayed somewhere on the forums (like member page or postbit or something).

The specifics will be discussed if interested along with pricing and terms of the plugin.
Can I ask what this is for? Sounds interesting!
It can actually be used for multiple things. The use I plan on using it for is for "random encounters" kinda of like when you play Final Fantasy when you're walking around and a monster pops up. Of course this will be a much more simple version where it just shows the monsters image, stats, and various options (Run, Attack1, Attack2, etc...), it's mainly for my Zorums and Dragon Circle sites but I was thinking of using it on my other sites by adding ads/banners to them so they aren't always popping up so it won't be as intrusive.
Sounds like it could be really neat! I look forward to seeing it.
Unfortunately if I can find a developer to hire to design this plugin I am not sure I will release it as a publicly available plugin. Sad
(2008-09-08, 04:53 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately if I can find a developer to hire to design this plugin I am not sure I will release it as a publicly available plugin. Sad

I wouldn't either, if I was paying for it. But I'd like to see what you do with it.
You pay, you sell. After you sell, you let it out for free. Thats how you can get back your money and at the same time, share!
It all depends on what terms I work out with the author. I do not sell and mods/plugins I have custom made due to the fact I don't have the ability to update and support it. I never release mods/plugins I've paid for as a free public download as one of things I am paying for is a unique plugin. Wink
Rich people are like this..
LoL, I'm far from rich but I'm smart enough to know not to give away too much money for nothing. Wink One day when you're a grown up you'll understand. Big Grin

And also, if I went by your method of paying for it, then selling it, then releasing it for free I wouldn't be able to do that because I have a conscience. To knowingly sell somebody something that I plan on giving away for free is just wrong and I would never rip somebody off like that. You would make a horrible business man if your ethics are so screwed up like that.
Pages: 1 2